Prince George’s County Food Rescue
Prince George’s County Food Rescue aims to reduce food waste and food insecurity in Prince George’s County. Powered by Food Rescue US, Prince George’s County engages volunteers to transfer surplus food from donors to social service organizations that distribute food to residents in need.
- We coordinate with donors in the country to set aside high-quality surplus food that would otherwise be thrown away.
- Using the Food Rescue US software, we schedule donation deliveries from food donors to nearby non-profit organizations serving residents in need.
- Volunteer rescuers can view and claim scheduled donation deliveries “rescues” in the Food Rescue US software. Donation information including donation size, location, and pick up/drop off instructions is listed in software.
- Volunteers complete a rescue by arriving at the donor site at the scheduled time, loading the donated food into their car, and delivering it to the scheduled receiving sites.
- Receiving sites, including food pantries and faith-based food assistance service providers, use the donated food to distribute to their clients and residents in need.